Thursday, December 8, 2011

"Why don't we have any friends?"

Upon arriving at college in September, I was pleasantly satisfied with my roommate. After getting to know her, or in reality coming to the realization that neither of us really wanted to get to know each other, I realized that my roommate was almost as antisocial as me. Since this time we have in fact come to talk quite a bit to each other, but only about one serious topic. Trying to figure out why we have no friends. We are truly puzzled. Here are a few excerpts of from our conversations, maybe you can pick something out of them that I was not able to as to why we have no friends....

Sydnee: Marie I can't figure out why no one wants to hang out with us. I think we are pretty cool.

Marie: Yea I know. Hey are you going to the dance tomorrow night?

Sydnee: Ew. No. I hate people why would I want to go that?

Marie: Yea I have no idea.

------------------------------------

Marie: I feel like no one here has made any effort to even get to know us! Its kind of frustrating.

Sydnee: seriously! and I thought they were mormons and were supposed to love everyone, I'm not feeling the love.

Marie: Hey lets have a fajita night at our apartment! Fajitas sound delicious. And we could invite people and try to make friends. Actually... maybe we shouldn't invite people, I don't really want to share my fajitas.

-------------------------------------

Marie: Sydnee why are you putting on your headphones just to go get the mail?

Sydnee: Oh. I don't want anyone to stop me and try to talk to me.

-------------------------------------
(we live on the third floor)

Sydnee: Marie what are you doing?

Marie: Oh well I like to dim the lights behind me and stand on the couch in front of the big window and stare down at the people walking below on the sidewalk so that when people look up they just see this creepy silhouette staring down at them. Its probably my favorite pass time.

-------------------------------------
Marie: Sydnee you talk to yourself A LOT.

Sydnee: Yea well I think about who I want to talk to, and then I think why would I want to talk to any of these people when I'm so cool?, so I just talk to myself!

-------------------------------------

Marie: Oh poo. they didn't schedule me to close monday nights next semester when I specifically said I wanted to again....

Sydnee: Why do you want to close on Mondays so bad?

Marie: FHE is on Mondays, DUH.

--------------------------------------

Sydnee: Marie you should really stop being so terrible to people.

Marie: I already tried that, that was my goal last week, to just be rude instead of terrible. And I have trouble focusing on a goal for more than a week.

Sydnee: last week you dressed up as a Utah Mormon for Halloween...?

Marie: Yea well I gave up half way through the week. It was too hard of a goal.

Sydnee: Halloween was on Monday Marie....



We are truly puzzled as to why we have no friends. If you can figure it out, please let me know.

2 comments: